Sunday, October 2, 2011

God In You by (Victorious Jihad Hall)

Today in class I asked my youth what do they see when they first meet someone? They responded with a wide range of answers. Some noted that they first look at their appearance and/or "swag". Others noted that they take a little bit of time to hear their convo to realize if they are intelligent or ghetto. While still a few asserted that they don’t see anything but a person.

I then asked them, "does anyone see and/or feel God when they first meet someone?" They all seemed to look at me with the dazed and confused eyes. I knew it was time to pounce. I asked, "How different do you think the world would be if when we saw people, we actually saw God?" Their faces transitioned into ones of curiosity rather than confusion. I added that if we saw God in all we interact with, it would be much more difficult being comfortable disrespecting, lying or commit acts of violence against someone when God was inside of them. Acts of prejudice and stereotyping would have to decrease because God would be present in our thoughts. So if we are serious about doing God’s work and being of God then we must see God in all. We should feel comfortable in observing the supreme force within our fellow man. God is supreme energy; lets begin to meet and interact with each other from a divine frame of reference. Peace

-Brother Victorious




Born number 4 in a family of 7 brothers and sisters.
Raised in a family that valued education and peace.
Pops was a mechanic and Moms was a receptionist in a hospital.
Moms and Pops was always never on the same accordwith marriage
so they split during my formative years but they were always on even ground while raising us.
They lived check to check, struggling to make ends meet but my life was rich.
My house stayed full with laughter, friends and rich dialogue.
My moms would feed the neighborhood and my Pops would pile his
station wagon with kids who didn't have a way to football practice.
Watching their service to others is what helped to mold me.
They never had a lot but what they did have; they were willing to share with anyone in need.
They had no problem sharing God.
I watched, studied and observed and now I am merely trying to share what
I have been given to those who may need it.
Teaching is merely an extension of my life.
I have been teaching or mentoring in some capacity since I was 17.
Twelve years later, I am ready to extend my energy to a wider audience.
My foundation is what has helped to groom me.
My mother's strength, my fathers resilience, my siblings wit and ingenuity.
I am a mold of my family, community and experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment