Friday, October 14, 2011

Manifestations Of Love and Friendship

     We are truly at our best when we are around people that are happy, healthy and who lift us up. The ones who are not afraid to love us right where we are and who tell us the truth. Who Love us fearlessly and relentlessly.  I have very few people that I call friends than I did a few years ago and the list keeps decreasing. I'm never afraid to cut anyone off and I'm never afraid to discontinue in a relationship that I feel is unhealthy for me. I'm all about healing and I'm serious about mine. Some people will keep you sick and stuck if you allow them to.

      I'm all about diversity and widening my circle in that same sense. I like people who challenge and encourage me to grow and inspire me to keep the bar raised high, however there are not too many that do that. In order for me to stay hopeful I need to be around like minded people, people who are working towards change and wellness. Folks who are serious about the upliftment and advancement of my people.
    
     I love the youth and interact with them often, I learn from them.  I have met many fabulous minds through counseling and community projects. I like people who love not like but LOVE music, culture, art,poetry, language, writing and most of all LIFE. My first time dancing to some deep, soulful house music years ago with someone, was with a brotha from Japan who was full japanese and his energy was contagious and had an afro kinkier and curlier than my own. That's when I really began to understand diversity and how important and relevant it is to survival and getting free from ignorance.
Diversity is a must.

     I'm forever reordering my priorities.  Life gets busy and hectic even confusing at times. Its during those times though that we can't get so caught up that we forget to say "Thank you" to our higher power and to those that Love and support us, honestly and sincerely throughout our Journey. The people that we care about, should know it and should never have to wonder about it or second guess it. The people that inspire me know that they do. It's not a secret.
    
     We have to choose our friendships and relationships wisely, selectively and with Integrity. Never being afraid to disregard what and who doesn't match. This is a great practice in Self Love. Never staying in a uncomfortable place or situation. We have to be free to just BE without all the extra. True friendships are a safe place always remember that.  So remember Love who you Love and don't forget to tell them that you Love them and appreciate them. Say Thank You to them and mean it.

Namaste, Peace, Passion and unstoppable Growth and Blessings
Nakia

3 comments: